Ever wanted a delicious guilt free protein cookie? Look no further.
This Mean Protein high protein cookie recipe is very easy to make with simple ingredients and they come out the oven tasting like regular cookies with none of that powdery texture like many protein cookies out there.
These protein cookies are amazing as a healthy snack to curb your sugar cravings and serve as an easy pre-gym snack.
PROTEIN COOKIE INGREDIENTS
1 cup of peanut butter
Just over half a cup of coconut sugar (can be exchanged for regular sugar but the coconut one is amazing).
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (can be found in MEANPROTEIN boxes)
Half a teaspoon of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
Lots of chocolate chips. Ideally 3/4 cup full.
PROTEIN COOKIE RECIPE
1. Firstly pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or grease up the tray with butter.
3. Measure out the cup of peanut butter and add to a large mixing bowl. If you're not sure how much a cup is, have a look at your measuring jug as it often measures this out.
4. Next mix the two scoops (60 grams) of protein powder into the bowl. Don't worry about mixing this yet, we'll do that once all of the ingredients are added to the bowl.
5. Crack two eggs into the mix.
6. Add in the half cup of coconut sugar. As mentioned previously, you may exchange the coconut sugar for normal, white sugar if you don't fancy buying coconut sugar as this is around £4 per bag. However, I would recommend the coconut sugar as it has a great taste to it which makes these protein cookies nice and crunchy.
7. Add lots of chocolate chips into the mix! I wanted to use both white chocolate and dark chocolate chips but sadly there were no white chocolate chips left in my local shop, so I had to make do with the dark chocolate but use whichever chocolate chips you like - whether that be white, dark or milk chocolate.
8. Mix this all together with a spoon or whisk until it forms a delicious protein cookie dough. This recipe is so good, it was hard not to just eat the mixture at this point but stay strong, not long now until these crunchy cookies are ready!
9. Next divide the protein cookies out into equal cookie-shaped circles. I would recommend making yours a bit thinner than the ones below because these raise in the oven and the Mean Protein cookies turned out massive. For us, it made nine cookies but you should try to make these into twelve cookies to get a good, crunchy texture.
10. Next cook these in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes until the protein cookie edges are golden brown. Ensure you don't leave these in the oven for too long as they quickly burn.
Once cooked, leave them to sit for five minutes to cool down before serving.
Why not have them with some high-protein ice cream? Check out the recipe here.
Why not try out these cookies with lots of different flavours of protein powder which could be delivered to you each month or week within a MEANPROTEIN subscription? Learn more here...