It's Christmas time which means time to settle into your nice cosy family home with some festive goodies. However, do you ever find that everybody makes the most unhealthy puddings over Christmas? Well then, show off your cooking skills with this healthy, high protein pumpkin pie. At less than 110 calories per slice and 13 grams of protein, you will stay healthy this Christmas time 🔥
Four scoops of vanilla protein powder
300 millimetres of water or milk (milk is higher calorie obviously) - we used half and half 😋
525 gram tin of Pumpkin Puree
Two large eggs
A quarter teaspoon of salt
One teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice mix (this can be made with cinnamon, ginger, cloves, all spice and nutmeg as seen below)
Two teaspoons of flour.
(Not essential) Low calorie squirty cream (I'm sure this has an official name but we're no Michelin star restaurant here haha)
If you need to make the pumpkin pie mix:
You need to add together:
- 1.5 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 0.75 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of all spice
Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
While the oven heats up, mix all of the ingredients together. To make this process quicker and smoother, use a blender or hand mixer but not to worry if you don't have these, you can use a whisk. It might just take a minute longer but it's Christmas, so you have time 🎄
Add a sheet of greaseproof paper to a cake tin and spray some low calorie cooking spray on it to prevent the pie from sticking.
4. Once all mixed together, pour the mixture into the cake tin and place in the centre of the oven for 40-50 minutes or until firm. You know it is done when you pierce the pie with a knife and it comes out clean. If it has pie mixture on it, place the pie back in the oven for a further five minutes at a time.
5. Let this cool and put on any decorations. We put a little squirty cream on ours but perhaps you want to Christmas it up with a few edible Christmas decorations.
Then serve this delicious cake to your friends and family. It serves eight. Since it's low calorie, maybe even treat yourself to two slices since it's Christmas after all. Treat yourself! 🎄
Looking for a great Christmas gift for a gym-lover or healthy treats for yourself. Look no further than our delicious protein boxes! These are available on a weekly, monthly or one-off basis, so that you can attain the gains when most needed 🌟
We will even wrap them if you ask us 🎁
We hope you love this recipe as much as us. Unfortunately this isn't a snack for the gym but you can have it as a cheeky post or pre workout treat 🙂
Merry Christmas and God Bless ✝️